- Firstly there's an update to the Faro laser scan formats, now supporting version 4.8.
- We've also updated the Exporter for Graphisoft ArchiCAD, now supporting versions 14 and 15 (both 32 and 64-bit).
- More manufacturing models can now be integrated into your projects with New file readers for SolidWorks and NX.
- Autodesk Vault integration has been extended so that you can now access all supported file readers via the Vault (compared to the 2012 release product which was limited to Navisworks formats only).
- You'll find a new Collaborate tab on the ribbon providing access to the Autodesk Bluestreak desktop application. You may already be familiar with Bluestreak through Revit.
- Access to Bluestreak File Sharing via the web is also available directly from the Navisworks ribbon.
I've created a quick video of these enhancements. Take a look:
You can download the Interoperability Enhancements if you have a current Subscription contract on your Navisworks products. Go to https://subscription.autodesk.com, log in with your details, go to Downloads > Product Enhancements > Interoperability Enhancements for Autodesk Navisworks 2012.
To install the 'Interoperability Tools of Navisworks 2012', you will need to have the Service Pack 1 installed on the machine first.
For the 'Exporters Update for Navisworks 2012', there is no need to install the Service Pack 1, this can be installed over the top of other 2012 Exporters/Manage/Simulate installations.
Try them out and let us know what you think.