In a world where the global economy is affecting projects every day, and clients want buildings cheaper and faster, and pressures to improve the quality and sustainability of projects are pulling firms in every direction, BIM has become the 'buzz word' of the industry as the only way to do business. Autodesk® BIM 360TM is the next generation of BIM, for anyone, anywhere, at any time.
Building, infrastructure design, and construction professionals can access intelligent model–based workflows through a broad range of cloud-based services within the Autodesk® 360 platform, which provides mobility and accessibility through infinite computing power. This video shows you some more about BIM 360 and what it means for you.
Autodesk BIM 360 helps multidiscipline design and construction teams improve project outcomes by moving computational-intensive tasks to the cloud, enabling more rapid visualization and simulation and optimized collaboration with access to intelligent data–rich models.
As part of Autodesk® BIM 360TM we're offering 3 new services on top of some that you may have seen from Autodesk® 360.
- Clash Detection, Collaboration and Coordination – Work globally to detect and avoid potential issues before they happen, coordinate over the cloud without sending bulky models over FTP's.
- Conceptual Design and Feasibility Evaluation – Use Autodesk® 360 Infrastructure Modeler to store and manage large models and review and edit proposals.
- Field Management, Commissioning and Handover – Why should BIM stop with the model sat on a computer in an office? Taking an information model onto site and feeding information back into the model using real world information.
- *Rendering – 3.3million hours of rending since launch in September last year, that's 125,000 working days that would otherwise be spent sat next to idle computers!
- *Structural Analysis –Using the power of multiple servers as opposed to a single machine to analyze potential pitfalls in your structural design.
- *Energy Analysis – Sustainability is one of the biggest challenges the industry faces, the Energy Analysis tools help you make informed decisions about improving efficiency of your buildings.
Find out more through the BIM 360 website, you can also find BIM 360 on the recently updated Autodesk 360 Facebook page. Or log into 360.autodesk.com, and try out this innovative cloud based technology and the advantages and benefits it provides.
We'd love to hear what you think, leave a comment below or email us.
Hopefully Autodesk won't start forcing us to the 'Cloud'. Our worldwide client has a SERIOUS problem with thier files being outside of thier control.
We can't even used the Autocad or Autocad 123 program because it's all cloud based.
Posted by: Paul Jordan | 06/27/2012 at 05:20 PM