We have some great news for those of you looking at BIM 360 Layout. Our range of supported hardware has tripled from one to three over the last couple of weeks.
The Leica iCON 50 and Topcon DS-200i both have longer ranges than the Topcon LN-100 and there's some pretty cool features like reflectorless measurement on both new machines making it much easier to do layout overhead.
For more information about the hardware, click on the links above and get in touch with your Leica and Topcon dealers who'll be pleased to tell you more.
There's also an R2 update to Autodesk Point Layout which has loads of new features: -
- Point Compare : increased Metric compatibility
- Civil Point conversion: added setting Custom/Standard description or extracting description from Civil point
- Civil Point conversion: add selection of point type
- Nested Curve marking function added: allows marking of curves/lines/polylines etc, within blocks or custom objects, removing the needed for these to be exploded prior to marking
- Workspace changes are now monitored and the ribbon will appear for any workspace loaded.
Support for Parts added:
- Foundation/Slab and Ceiling point functions now allow parts that were created from these items to be marked
- New Parts button added to ribbon allowing marking of any parts, filter by Material available
- Curve marking options: New option for marking Arc Centers, good for use with piers or round columns (Point in family is still the preferred method)
- Renumber points functionality added (Navisworks points only)
- Locate Duplicates functionality added (Navisworks points only)
- Mark selections updated to allow setting of: Prefix, starting point number, and Role. Logic added avoid creation of duplicate #'s against existing points.
- Point Placement now allows Prefix creation/editing
- Manage points form will now display coordinates in the Units of Measure that the currently loaded document is set to
- All appropriate functions modified to check for and use selected points if any, if nothing selected will act as normal(Use Search/Filter ability)
- PointRole setting now active on various forms
Navisworks - BIM 360 Mode:
- Full editing abilities have arrived when using Navisworks with BIM 360 Glue models. You can now Add, Edit, and Delete points.
- When a BIM 360 Glue model is opened in Navisworks, Point Layout will connect to glue and download any points stored for the model. (If using a merged model, both points from the individual models and those stored directly against the merged model will be retrieved).
- All Native points (Those points originally created in Revit, AutoCAD, or Navisworks (Local model mode)) will be hidden automatically, and only points stored in BIM 360 Glue will be shown.
- Ability to set the shape of points added, choose between 6 shape types.
- New button "BIM 360 - Save Points" visible when in a BIM 360 model
Limitations when using BIM 360 Mode in Navisworks:
- Points shown on screen are not actually part of the model, they will not be displayed in the selection tree. You can select the points by clicking on screen, however windowing selection will not work.
- Doing an Unhide all will redisplay the original native points.
- Locate Duplicates and Renumber points will only affect newly created points
- In order to retrieve any new/changed points since original retrieval from BIM 360 Glue, you must close and reopen the model, or close and reopen the Point Layout screen.
- When viewing the model from the Top or Bottom, the points may not show up, any slight 3D rotation will solve this.
- For BIM 360 Glue merged models that are created in Navisworks(Not in Glue Desktop) where transforms are applied to the individual models that already have a transform (Offset or rotation) prior to the Merged model first being saved to glue, the new point positions for points associated to the single model cannot be calculated.
- CodeMap 'import file' now allows importing of XML codemap file from Topcon, to populate list of default Codes available
- Option to force elevation output to a set value now allows user to set this value (default is still 100)
- Export to Inches now available within Revit/AutoCAD (Previously only in Navisworks)
- Fix issue on Import points from Glue when user had access to more than 20 projects
This isn't available on the Autodesk Application Manager so you'll need to download it from the Point Layout free trial page, or from the Glue downloads page (if you have access).