Today we launch Industry Collections, it's a new way of thinking about how to access software and is a perfect fit for construction. Based on a term license they allow you to easily scale up and down during the course of a construction project and include contingent employees in software planning.
So what does the new AEC Collection include? And what advantages do each of these offerings bring to my construction project?
- AutoCAD, verticals, and AutoCAD 360 Pro – As a common platform used throughout the industry, this suite of AutoCAD products allows you to access and create documentation and share detailing with all partners on the project team
- Revit – The leading BIM tool to create construction parts, access schedules and convert designs to fabrication parts for coordination
- AutoCAD Civil 3D – The best tool for road, rail and earthworks detailing, cut and fills, landscaping and getting to machine control
- Navisworks Manage – Create federated models from over 50 file formats and run Clash Detection, Construction Simulation, Quantification, Design Review and Rendering
- Vehicle Tracking – For analysing site movements in advance and ensuring trucks, cranes and large vehicles can move around site
- 3DS Max – For those high end visualisations to help with winning planning, buy in from stakeholders, or winning tender bids
- Formit 360 Pro – A conceptual design tool for buildings that links to Revit that allows you to create site layouts on the PC or mobile device
- Infraworks 360 – A conceptual design tool for infrastructure that links to Civil 3D that allows you to create construction site layouts, traffic simulations and visualisations
- Insight 360 – Run sustainability analysis and verify that any significant changes in materials you make won't affect the end result
- Recap 360 Pro – Use reality capture laser scanning and photogrammetry to better understand existing conditions and verify as built conditions
- Rendering in A360 – Create quick and easy high quality renders and panoramas from Revit and Navisworks
- Structural Analysis – Do easy structural analysis to help with foundation design decisions
- Online Storage – As we work in an 'always connected' world, being able to access models, drawings from office or site
So with an AEC Collection, does my team have everything we need?
Not included in the package but worth considering for construction needs are:
- BIM 360 – A full suite of products built around the needs of a contractor, covering cloud enabled coordination, 3D layout, quality checks, safety programs, commissioning and production planning
- Point Layout – To get coordinate information to total stations seamlessly from the design and review packages and bring back for as built analysis to speed up and reduce rework
- Stingray – To 'gamify' 3D construction project data to improve understanding and health and safety on site